OUR LATEST NEWS AND INFORMATION
- Congratulations to all the artist that got juried into our Annual 118th Juried Show. The show will be on view MAY 11 – JUNE 1, 2019 at the Creative Arts Workshop. An opening reception will take place on Saturday, May 12, 2019 2-5pm.
- We are very excited to announce “Capturing Life and Beauty: Women Artists of the New Haven Paint and Clay Club,” a new exhibit at the New Haven Museum (NHM), celebrating the range and depth of the artwork produced by women of the New Haven Paint and Clay Club. The exhibit includes over 30 works guest curated by Tanya Pohrt, curator of the Lyman Allyn Museum. An opening reception will be held at the New Haven Museum at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 28, 2019. The exhibit will remain open through July 27, 2019.
- Our president Greg Shea and curator of the permanent collection Nan Tussing were interviewed for ICRV Radio regarding "Capturing Life and Beauty; Women Artists of the New Haven Paint and Clay Club" the upcoming exhibit at the New Haven Club. Thanks Greg and Nan for representing our club in such a wonderful interview and all the work you have done to bring this exhibition to light. To hear the interview follow this link ICRV.com
- At Our next members meeting in May, 2019, we will have an opportunity to hear from Margot Rocklen, one of our board members and an arts faculty of Gateway Community College in New Haven, about her recent trip to China where she will be exhibiting at the University City Art Museum of Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts.
- At our latest show, besides our regular merit awards, five members were chosen to participate in our selected member's exhibit sometimes in 2019. Congratulations to the winners. More information about the show will be announced in the following months.
- As part of our commitment to foster the arts in the New Haven Art, NHP&CC has awarded two scholarships for art classes at the Creative Arts Workshop, one for an adult, one for a child or teenager.
- NHP&CC is now on Instagram! Visit us and follow us for up-to-date information and for your daily dose of beautiful art and art related news.
- Anne Doris-Eisner will have a show “Primal Forces” at the Curtis Gallery, New Canaan Library from April 25 to June 2.
An opening reception will take place on Saturday, April 27, 3:00-5:00pm. A Q&A with the artists will begin at 3:30pm.
-In April, 2019, P&CC Board Member at Large, Margot Rocklen will be traveling to Guangzhou, China with 4 other members of the Printmakers’ Network of Southern New England (PNSNE). They will participate in the first part of an artists’ exchange program initiated by PNSNE and entitled Crossings and Transpositions. During the month of April the 5 printmakers will exhibit their work at the University Museum of the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts. As artists in residence they will conduct demonstrations and lectures at the Academy from April 5-11, and then spend another week traveling through eastern China. In March of 2020, 5 printmakers from Guangzhou Academy will travel to the U.S. to complete the exchange as artists in residence at Fairfield University.
If you are a member and want us to post information about shows you are participating in, awards, publications, please send an email to our webmaster with the title "NHP&CC Member's info". Help us connect our members with the rest of the world.
We will featuring interesting data about work in our permanent collection or our members. With over a hundred years collecting works of art and organizing exhibits, the New Haven Paint and Clay Club has tons of stories to share. Stay tunes for our nex featured news very soon.
To subscribe to our newsletter please complete this form: